|2012 Diesel Emission Grant Forms|
Construction Projects /
Stationary Generators, and Pump Projects /
Airport Ground Equip. Project /
Marine Diesel Projects /
Train Automatic On-Off Device /
Retrofit of Any Equip./Vehicle /
Truck Replacement Projects /
Biodiesel Buy-down Project - Proposal /
Biodiesel Buy-down Fleet (.xls)
|The NC Department of Environment and Natural Resources, Division of Air Quality (DAQ) is interested in providing incentive funding for projects that reduce diesel emissions and are able to be completed by July 31, 2013.
Who is Eligible? Any private or public sector entity or individual.
Total Funding Available? $242,000. The DAQ expects to fund 2 to 5 projects.
Deadline for Applications? Applications must be received by September 10, 2012 to be considered.
How Do I Apply? Select the application type from the left-hand column that best fits your project. If you have questions about which form to use, contact Anne Galamb 919-707-8423 or Anne.Galamb@ncdenr.gov .
Summary of Funding Offered Per Project Type
||DENR Amount Paid|
|Replacement of chassis and engine
|Repower of old chassis with new engine
|Retrofits (exhaust type)
||Incremental cost of biodiesel over petroleum diesel|
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL(S)
- Alternative-fuel vehicles projects are eligible for this grant.
- No infrastructure projects will be considered.
By Fax: 919-707-8423
By United States Mail:
NCDENR-Division of Air Quality
1641 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-1641
NCDENR-Division of Air Quality
217 West Jones Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
NCDENR-DAQ reserves the right to award less than the total amount of funding available. The NCDENR-DAQ may also increase funding to an awarded project in good standing if additional funding becomes available.
Acceptable Signature Formats
PROJECT SELECTION CRITERIA
- Preferred: Complete signed application in Word format using digital signature
- PDF with a digital or hand signature
- Hard copy of hand signed application
Schedule for 2012 Diesel Emission Reduction Grants
- Amount of Matching Funds: or in-kind funds.
- Timeliness: Ability to provide high quality emission reductions by July 31, 2013.
- Emissions Reductions or Quantitative Benefits: DAQ will calculate emissions based on applicant provided information.
- Other Benefits: e.g. health, less fuel used, etc.
- Permanence of Benefits from the Project. How long or how much longer will this equipment funded last?
- Cost Effectiveness ($ per tons reduced.) - DAQ calculates based on applicant provided information.
- Geographic Distribution of projects throughout the State.
- Number of Projects Selected or Amount of Funds Awarded per Applicant: may be limited due to availability of funds.
- Number of projects selected per sector (rail, trucks, biodiesel) may be limited.
- Other selection criteria may be employed as necessary to select from the projects received.
Request for Applications Open July 2012
|Applications Processed and Awardees Selected
|All Applicants all Notified
|Awardees submit Forms Needed for Contracts
||October - November 2012|
|Contracts are Processed
|Project Work Takes Place
|DERG Projects Complete
||July 31, 2013|
|DERG Applications Due
||September 10, 2012|
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF PROJECT APPLICATIONS
The following minimum requirements will apply to all projects:
For more information contact: Anne Galamb 919-707-8423 Anne.Galamb@ncdenr.gov.
- Applicants must comply with all appropriate North Carolina State Laws and apply in writing to the North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources, Division of Air Quality.
- Applicable permits and permissions must be provided and are the responsibility of the applicant.